In 1955 a group of businessmen in Rock Hill were invited into Civitan International by the
Lancaster Civitan Club. They met in the old Andrew Jackson hotel (now the Guardian Building) on Main Street.
On April 15, 1955 we received our charter from Civitan International. Since that date we have
been a leader in the Rock Hill area and have concentrated on the special-needs community and the youth of York County.
Our club has been called "the best kept secret in Rock Hill" because we strive to satisfy
real community needs most people are not even aware exist. We get the job done
and move on to the next task.
The Rock Hill Civitan Club membership is open to all who are 18 years of age and wish to
become an active part of the community with special attention to the youth and handicapped
citizens in the area. Please come and visit, then consider joining the "Best Kept Secret
in Rock Hill!" Initiation fee is $30 and quarterly dues are $25.
|Come Join Us for Our Next Meeting!
1349 Firetower Road
Rock Hill SC
1st and 3rd Tuesdays of Every Month
Fellowship Begins at 6:30 PM
Meeting is from 7-8 PM
View Larger Map
Like Us on Facebook
Some of the projects that we do include:
- Civitan International Research Center, a world class research and teaching facility that is a leader in the fight against developmental disabilities.
- Special Olympics at the International, South Carolina, and Area levels.
- Grants and scholarships for individuals and groups to promote citizenship and help with educational needs.
- Junior Civitan Clubs at Rock Hill, Northwestern, South Pointe, Indian Land, and Lewisville High Schools also Junior Civitan Clubs at Sullivan Middle Schools.
- SC Junior Civitan Leadership Conference
- Clergy Appreciation Program
- Snacks for Rolling in Rock Hill volunteers
- Senior Bunny Baskets
- I'm A Kool Kid Toy Chest Project, twice a year
- Youth Soccer, Spring and Fall
- Project American Flag
- Birthday Parties for Meadowlark Residence
- Camp ARC Dinner for Campers
- The Rock Hill Civitan Club adds and deletes projects according to the needs of the community.